Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 23, 2010 TRANSFER

hola familia!
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well! We just got our transfer emails and I'm going to be changing area. I'm going to be serving with another Elder that was in my district at the MTC. His name is Slade Walker from St. George Utah. I'm going to be moving south of the river, so I'm going to be in the branch now. My area is the downtown area, or spanish central. I'll be covering all of the downtown area, which should be fun. I don't know how much I'll actually work in downtown, but it should be pretty neat. I'm excited to serve with Elder Walker, but kind of bummed to leave the area right now. We've had some great experiences recently working with new investigators that should be getting baptized very soon.
Sunday, there were 3 baptisms in the ward. The ward came out to support it like always. My favorite part of the baptisms is hearing the testimonies of the recently baptized and what they feel and the changes that have taken place in their lives. A young couple that just had a baby from Mexico was baptized. The husband has really totally turned his life around from where he was before. Our bishop always talks about the temple in his welcome to the ward. He invites those that are baptized to prepare for that experience. He had all the recent converts stand and there were about 10-11 at the baptism that have been baptized in the last couple months. He again encouraged them all to continue preparing. I'm pretty sad to leave the area and the ward, but I know that I will enjoy the branch as well.
I've been learning a lot about teaching and helping others learn by the spirit. It's hard to not just teach doctrine, especially with the language barrier. We've been trying harder to listern, observe, and discern through the spirit the questions that we need to ask. That really is the only way that a lasting conversion and conviction can be developed.
I love you all!
Con amor,
Elder Dunlap

No comments:

Post a Comment